2019 was a year of collaboration and that is what APEXA has created and will continue to carry as we move forward in 2020. I started with APEXA in 2014, when it was merely an idea. As the first employee, there was no platform built; we did not have a team; we didn’t even have a name. I have witnessed so much over the last 5+ years, but 2019 has been unprecedented. The major accomplishments over the last year are truly a testament to the industry’s commitment to be constantly improving, modernizing and working digitally.
Where APEXA is Today
We started 2019 with 12 clients and as of this month we have over 40 MGA and Carrier clients on APEXA. Our clients span east coast to west, with major growth in Quebec and British Columbia.
We are working through the onboarding process with more than 18 other clients who will be live on the system in early 2020, followed by additional clients committed to “go live” dates throughout the year. As you can imagine, all this activity has resulted in growth of our APEXA team. Over the course of 2019 we have hired 12 new staff just to keep pace with our growing client base.
A big thank you to all the clients who worked with our team through the various preparatory steps to becoming APEXA users. Each of them committed by having key staff work with our team, having regular project meetings and attending a multi-day training program. Our clients collaborating with us, made this all possible. We have partnered with a variety of organizations, ranging from small MGAs with project teams of 2 people, all the way to large Carriers who have to engage numerous teams across their organization to implement the system and manage the process change that goes with a new digital platform.
- We trained 85 “Apexperts”.
- We started APEXA onboarding projects with over 50 new companies.
- 50 teams advanced through their APEXA implementation, meaning we worked alongside over 200 client team members! This includes subject matter experts, compliance representation, project sponsors, and IT resources.
- We solidified client commitment to February, March, May, July of 2020.
- We worked with associations like ADVOCIS, CAILBA and provincial regulators to further share information about APEXA.
- Attended industry events, traveled across Canada to meet with clients and to speak at their Advisor conferences.